Yes, there's a giveaway (scroll down to the end!)
I find that for pretty much every major occasion I'm pretty last minute with coming up with ideas. I was approached by David Jones to take a pick of a fragrance that I'd love to give to my mum. So with that tempting offer to treat Mother dearest - I discovered...
Annick Goutal - Eau d'Hadrien
In case you're wondering I had never heard of this perfumer prior to being approached. So since it's a digital age and I'm a Gen Y'er, I based my choice solely on a Google search before having had the opportunity to test it properly.
Confirming my suspicions, this perfumer is of the niche fragrances variety (or as they like to describe as "High Perfumery" think Shay & Blue and not the typical celebrity-of-the-moment in a bottle... I should know, my first ever fragrance was Britney Spears' Curious (#noregrets).
The AestheticsIt is a fine looking bottle.
It has a gorgeous yet simple design that has vintage inspired details from the bottle design to the embossed detail on the box. With the little gold bow matching the neck tag is a nice touch.
A nice surprise is that it contains a small envelope that details the heritage of the Annick Goutal brand.
The simple bottle design and neutral colour palette means that it is not particularly polarising as baby blue bottle of perfume may not be everyone's taste (yes, another Curious reference).
The bottle, product and packaging are all made in France so just like French Fries, French toast and French kissing, that must be good right?
The ScentIt's a light scent that is very citrus-y that feels fresh, clean, and 'natural' a lovely simple scent for the day. Or better described as "evoking the freshness of citrus fruits in the shade of a lemon tree" inspired by the Mediterranean Summer.
The DetailsPrice: $160
Type: Eau De Toilette (EDT)
Available: David Jones Online
Top Notes: Sicilian lemon, citron, grapefruit, green mandarin and ylang-ylang
Base Notes: Cypress
This is definitely in the luxury category as it is priced at $160. I would find it very difficult to justify it as a personal purchase due to the price point. However as a gift? Let's just say it's a small price to pay for giving my mum the 'fun' opportunity of a breech childbirth (where the foot comes out first - ouch!).
It's Competition Time!Y'all ready for this?
Thanks to David Jones Online, I have ONE bottle of Annick Goutal - Eau d'Hadrien EDT 100ml valued at $160 to giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
David Jones has provided the product for review and for the competition.
The facts (Terms and conditions):
- The competition is open to Australian residents only.
- The winner will be contacted via email, and has 72 hours to respond otherwise the prize may be forfeited.
- The Ladida and David Jones are not responsible for lost or redirected mail.
- The winner's email address may be shared with third parties for the purpose of prize fulfillment.
- For whatever reason, if the prize cannot be fulfilled, a prize of equal or lesser value may be substituted.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered, including but not limited to direct or consequential loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any eligible entrant where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- T & C's may be subject to be revised.
- Competition commences 9 May 2014 and ends 21 May 2014 EST.